Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) CA Description and Guidelines (Read 429 times)
Just_Daniel
Supreme Member

Slow down; things will
go faster. ~ djr

Re: Circadian Addiction Description and Guidelines
Reply #10 - Nov 29th, 2003 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
WildCityWoman wrote on Nov 28th, 2003 at 7:44am:
Why is that Daniel? Are you having an op?

Sorry; thought you knew, Carly.  Total knee replacement ~ right leg.  Had the left one done March 11.  Probably out of work something over 2 months.

Thanks for askin'.

steppin' Lightly, Daniel  8)
« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2009 at 3:03pm by Just_Daniel »  
IP Logged

WildCityWoman
Supreme Member

Yeah - me again! Still
rockin'!

Reply #9 - Nov 28th, 2003 at 7:44am
Print Post  
Why is that Daniel? Are you having an op?

IP Logged

Just_Daniel
Supreme Member

Slow down; things will
go faster. ~ djr

Reply #8 - Nov 27th, 2003 at 11:24am
Print Post  
So am I!  Can you tell?  Gettin' in all I can before the doc cuts to my chase next Wednesday mourning!

Lightly, Daniel  8)
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2007 at 3:11pm by Just_Daniel »  
IP Logged

WildCityWoman
Supreme Member

Yeah - me again! Still
rockin'!

Reply #7 - Nov 25th, 2003 at 8:56am
Print Post  
I just want to tell you, Mary - I'm really enjoying this. Having the time of my life.

Roll Eyes

IP Logged

YaBB-Developer
Topic Starter Topic Starter
Forum Administrator

Who cook YaBB

Stimmung: tot
Reply #6 - Nov 23rd, 2003 at 8:28am
Print Post  
Maire:

We think it is a pretty fantastic idea too and judging by the response -- so do the members.  I love it when a plan comes together.

Poe:

I'll be watching for your CA poems and we will all have a chapbook or two when we finish a few rounds off and polish the poems we've written.

Mysty:

I'll be encouraging you every step of the way to Day 30 -- and remember, if you can always shorten it to the 15 day period if life starts to get in the way.

Mary

IP Logged

Mysty

Perseverance is the Answer

Reply #5 - Nov 22nd, 2003 at 10:02am
Print Post  

~ GrinHi Mary, Norm and Duetsdove.... I am going to try the thirty day .... I hope I can succeed.  I am trying different formats and I am using a thesaurus now too. I wonder if this will be any better than previous efforts but all I can do it try right  Wink..I wish myself luck staying the full 30 days lol as I have recently started anew job and am really tight for time. But I am going to give it my best shot.  This is fun lol.
~Mysty~

IP Logged

Poeraven

Wicked Poet

Reply #4 - Nov 21st, 2003 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
I start this tonight and I will have done this type of thing for, four times, cow !!!! That's a lot of poems !!! Talk about a chapbook !!! Not that I've submitted anything ! So, call me foolish, but, I'm in !  Wink

AIM  
IP Logged

mooiza

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Nov 21st, 2003 at 11:56am
Print Post  
Oh dear... I can never resist a writing challenge! I'm in!

Maire

Fantastic idea Fantastic idea fantastic idea fantastic idea

IP Logged

YaBB-Developer
Forum Administrator

Who cook YaBB

Reply #2 - Nov 21st, 2003 at 5:39am
Print Post  
Hey Poppy

I can't wait for you to start this over here.  I don't want to be a lone rider on this car for too long.  LOL

I agree, there are many sites that are adding this type of writing exercise forum to their boards.  

Participating in one has changed my writing style in just three months time.  I have a poetic voice that I didn't know I had.  Well, actually I have discovered that I am schizophrenic and have many voices within me.  LOL

Hop on whenever you are ready.  I'll be here with plenty of kudos in hand.

Mary
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2003 at 5:40am by YaBB-Developer »  

IP Logged

Poppy
Supreme Member

The Little Red Caboose

Reply #1 - Nov 21st, 2003 at 5:19am
Print Post  

Woohoo, I know where you got this idea from and it's one that many forums are starting.

I've done it, it works.

On average, about half of what I write is worth keeping and after the revision process, about half of those are worth keeping, but I end up with about 7 or 8 really good poems that I might not have otherwise written.

Thanks, I'll start tomorrow...I hope. Smiley

IP Logged

YaBB-Developer
Forum Administrator

Who cook YaBB

CA Description and Guidelines
Nov 21st, 2003 at 4:22am
Print Post  
Circadian Addiction Forum

The Circadian Addiction forum is our writing exercise forum geared to helping us
adapt the idea of writing everyday, even when the words won’t come.  Or better yet,
especially when the words won’t come.

It is important to realize that the intent of this forum is to be a continual writing exercise and we encourage others to join us as well.  

Writing exercises are for experimentation and discipline.  They do not produce
polished work so don’t be too hard on yourself.  That is really important inside these
halls. You cannot for any reason get down on yourself or your writing in this forum.  

We will have a Circadian Addiction Hall of Fame thread where we will list all of the
names for those who have completed this exercise. It will be a sticky thread at the top of
this forum.

Ways to participate in the Circadian Addiction Exercise

Decide what level you want to participate on, the 15 day or 30 day exercise.  If you start
the 15 day routine, you can always lengthen it and “go all the way” to 30.  Or, if you
begin with the 30 day mark as your goal and find that you need to shorten it to the 5 or15 day
level.

The concept:

To write a poem or short piece of prose everyday.  Pretty simply huh?  I assure you that it
is not as easy as it may appear to you at first.  You will have your good days and your bad
days but the object is to hang in there and make it to your goal.  You will receive
encouragement from other members and we hope you will offer them a lift along the way
as well.

The Rules

1.  You must write a poem or short piece of prose everyday and post it in this Circadian
Addiction Forum.  Yes, they must be fresh from your pen and not pulled from your
archives. Your topic should be labeled so we can see what day you are on.  See the
sample title below.

The Drawing of the Three ( D1)

If you take this challenge more than once .
Show us your ideas and you enter this exercise more
than once.  To do so, your topic should be labeled like this:  

The Drawing of the Three ( R2 D2) - For Round 2, Day 2 etc.

Sorry, I couldn’t resist the little Star Wars play there.  The R naturally represents the circadian round number that you are on and the D is your current day in this round.  You can do this exercise as many times as you’d like.  There are no limits. 

2.  If you find that you need to be away from a computer for any reason while doing the
CA exercise, you may write the poem the old fashioned way, on paper, and post it when
you return.  You do not have to start the round over.  Just post your poems when you get
back.

3.  You cannot talk down about your writing.  We all know how hard it can be to write
something everyday, not everything will be a keeper for further development but write it
anyway, we’ll be here to keep you motivated and moving.  One thing that we have found
is that the strict discipline of producing something in the written word everyday stretches
our abilities and strengthens our voice. You may even find that you discover a new voice
or two to play with.  

Growth comes from this exercise, even from the words we opt not to keep or revise and
growth is what we are all about.

4.  This is strictly an exercise forum  and as such, revising your work is not allowed while
it is posted here.  Edits are allowed to correct spelling or grammar errors or to change a
working title to a finished title. 

We do encourage you to work on your CA poems and post your revisions in On Track or
the Firebox when you are ready to have them reviewed for critical, in-depth comments.  

5.  Comment on CA poems posted by other members.  Let them know things like how
you can relate to what they have written about.  Feel the poem with them, laugh and cry
with them and always, always, be sure to give them kudos for what they have written. 
We will all be doing the same for you too. 

What CA is not

CA is not a critique forum.  We know the poems posted in here are rough because the ink
hasn’t even had time enough to dry .  

If you have questions about this exercise or the forum itself, please send us an IM or email.  We’ll be happy to answer any questions that you may have.
« Last Edit: Oct 26th, 2023 at 2:19pm by Normpo »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint